Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains reference material rather than instructional material and is a guide for Tae Kwon Do students. It contains a detailed history of Tae Kwon Do and the Korean martial arts, philosophical theory on the application of Tae Kwon Do, tips for new students and presents the minimum requirements for belt tests in the Kom Do Kwan(tm) Tae Kwon Do system. It is strongly recommend that new students read this guide before starting classes and continue to use the guide as a reference source as they move through the belt ranks.
- Author BiographyJason E. Thomas is a 7th Dan Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and a 1st Dan Black Belt in Shotokan Karate-Do. Mr. Thomas has been training in the Martial Arts for over 30 years and is the President of the Kom Do Kwan(tm). Mr. Thomas spent 9 years in the US Army, serving in both the Military Police Corps and the Military Intelligence Corps assigned to elite units such as the 10th Mountain Division. Mr. Thomas taught martial arts to US Service men at Military Recreation Centers at Ft. McClellan, AL, the Presidio of Monterrey, CA, Ft. Drum, NY, and Kelly Air Force Base, TX, and trained in Korea several times while on temporary duty assignment. Mr. Thomas serves as the president of the Kom Do Kwan and is a member of several well known marital arts organizations such as the Amateur Athletic Union's (AAU) National Tae Kwon Do Program, the International Shotokan Karate Federation (ISKF), Japanese Karate Association (JKA), and serves on the Board of Directors of the United Martial Arts Society (UMAS). Mr. Thomas holds a MBA, a Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems and is pursuing a PhD in Higher Education Administration. Thomas is also a graduate of the Defense Language Institute, Foreign Language Center at the Presidio of Monterrey California and an adjunct instructor at University of Phoenix teaching organizational behavior, management, and business finance classes.
- Author(s)Jason Thomas,Philip Hornsey
- Date of Publication26/10/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.