All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinalist - 2013 USA Best Books AwardGrandmaster Kim Bok Man is one of the most recognized authorities of taekwondo in the world. He worked tirelessly with General Choi Hong Hi as a founder of taekwondo curricula used today by the many international taekwondo organizations. Originally published in 1979, this book provides defense techniques taught to military, law enforcement officials, and black belts. Beginners will have a chance to see the application of their training in actual weapon defenses. Advanced students will learn techniques and fundamental training that has been field tested since the inception of the art in the 1950s. Chapters include: History and the theory of power Defense against weapons: knife, baton, pole, sword, bayonet, and pistol Sparring: releases, grabs, throwing, falling, free-sparring Patterns: Silla pattern 1, Silla pattern 2, Silla knife pattern, and Silla pole pattern Training: stretching, calisthenics, action principles, hand & foot techniques, using a heavy bag Body parts for attack & defense, stances, vital points for striking
- Author BiographyMaster Kim, Bok Man, 10th dan, started his martial arts training in 1941. Grandmaster Kim, along with General Choi Hong Hi, worked tirelessly to develop the basic structure upon which present-day taekwondo is founded. Grandmaster Kim is responsible for the establishment of numerous taekwondo associations worldwide, including SE Asia, Europe, and the USA. Grandmaster Kim, Bok Man teaches and resides near Roseland, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Kim Bok Man
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRolindale, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1166 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Most relevant reviews
- kwanggaedobok01 Oct, 2014by
Excellent reference TKD book.
Seriuos TKD student will appreciate this book. Great collection.The great master and and one of the most senior Taekwon-Do pioneers from the original grouip of Korean Chang Hong style TKD.
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.