Tagalog for Beginners: An Introduction to Filipino, the National Language of ThePphilippines by Joi Barrios (Mixed media product, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a straight forward and user friendly guide to the Tagalog language.Tagalog for Beginners is the book to help you learn Tagalog (Filipi) on your own, easily and accurately whether you're traveling to the Philippines for a vacation or a business trip, or you have ties to the large Tagalog-speaking community in the U.S., or you're simply a language lover. From the fascinating history of Philippines' language to how you speak it, join skilled teacher Barrios on a guided introduction with a practical focus. After journeying through the carefully-paced explanations, conversations, cultural info, and activities in Tagalog for Beginners, learners will be able to use Tagalog (Filipi) in a wide range of common situations. From shopping for food to asking directions, from telling time to expressing how you feel, this book gives you the communication skills you need. The MP3 audio-CD helps reinforce pronunciation and improve listening comprehension. Helpful suggestions guide heritage learners (those of Filipi descent but born outside the Philippines) on how to use the book most effectively for their needs. Key features include:
- An accompanying MP3 Audio CD.
- Realistic dialogues to bring the language to life.
- Activities and exercises to help you read, write, speak and understand.
- Notes on the Tagalog language and history.
- A special section guides native (heritage) learners and instructors on how to use the book most effectively for their needs.
- Author BiographyJoi Barrios holds a Ph.D. in Filipino Literature from the University of the Philippines. She serves as a Lecturer teaching Filipino and Philippine Literature at the University of California, Berkeley while on leave as an Associate Professor from the University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD). Barrios has won fourteen national literary awards and, for her contributions to literature, was among the 100 women chosen as Weavers of History for the Philippine Centennial Celebration. In 2004, she also received the TOWNS (Ten Outstanding Women in the Nation's Service) Award.
- Author(s)Joi Barrios
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication22/06/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Tagalog
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Note75 - 100 Black and White Photographs and Illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.