All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPets may t have words, but they do communicate. Paying attention to an animal's cues -a joyful bark, a scary growl, a swishing tail - can help a child understand what the animal is saying and what an appropriate response might be. That's part of what this book is about. But mostly it's about showing children how to love pets gently - because pets are for loving, after all. Kids learn that teasing isn't nice, that they can choose to be kind to animals, and that if you want to touch someone else's pet, there's one important rule you should kw: Ask the owner first! A special section for adults includes ideas for teaching kindness to animals, activities, and discussion starters.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Verdick is a children's book writer and editor. She lives in Minnesota with her husband and their two children. Marieka Heinlen launched her career as a children s book illustrator with the award-winning Hands Are Not for Hitting. As a freelance illustrator and designer, Marieka focuses her work on books and other materials for children, teens, parents, and teachers. She lives in St. Paul, Minnesota, with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Verdick
- PublisherFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/09/2006
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFree Spirit Publishing Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date04/02/2013
- Content Notecolour illustrations throughout
- Weight304 g
- Width178 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- redgr_debbi14 Jul, 2016by
board book that can be left accessible to all ages
a beautiful interactive book that the children can relate to with a clear message to respect animals
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.