All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSnakes, gators, and bears, oh my! This book is a collection of humorous and emotional stirring events of one woman's attempt to share the land with various critters that resided on her farm located in the heart of Ocala National Forest. This 440,000 acre wooded swampland harbors over 20 spring fed lakes filled with large mouth bass, other fresh water fish and reptiles, including alligators. The piney forest that surrounds these awesome lakes in spring is also the home for many critters including a variety of aggressive snakes, wandering curious black bear and exotic often strange acting birds. These stories based on actual events will delight the heart of the reader. In addition, the reader will be exposed to rural Florida, a place spiritually sacred to those born and raised here, awesomely challenging to the newcomer.
- Author(s)Postdoctoral Fellow Department of History Patricia Anderson
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication26/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.