All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret is t a conventional woman of the early-nineteenth century. She's t interested in pretty dresses and tea parties, but instead longs for adventure in the great outdoors. Margaret convinces her father, William, to seek opportunity in the fur trade business. They embark on a journey that follows the Louis and Clark route along the Missouri River into Blackfoot country to trade for beaver skins. As she gains freedom from the social structures that bind her in the East, she doesn't anticipate the changes this new life brings. The travelers face an array of challenges from the weather, wild animals, and the native Indian tribes. Margaret thrives in this wild country, where she catches sight of Taima, the Thunder Horse, who refuses to be caught. Together with Night Hawk, a warrior in the Black Horse Band of the Kainah Blackfoot, they both seek to capture this beautiful, wild horse. Night Hawk believes the elusive Taima will fulfill his dreams. He doesn't expect his plans-or his life-to be complicated by a Long Knife woman with similar dreams. Margaret, Night Hawk, and Taima gain hor and strength from each other-a strength that is shared with the Black Horse Band-providing a link to the future that could have been.
- Author(s)Trish Dudek
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.72Trending at AU $24.60
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.