All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChina and Taiwan share one of the world's most complex international relationships. Although similar cultures and ecomic interests promoted an explosion of ecomic ties between them since the late 1980s, these ties have t led to an improved political relationship, let alone progress toward the unification that both governments once claimed to seek. In addition, Taiwan's recent Sunflower Movement succeeded in obstructing deeper ecomic ties with China. Why has Taiwan's policy toward China been so inconsistent?Taiwan's China Dilemma explains the divergence between the development of ecomic and political relations across the Taiwan Strait through the interplay of national identity and ecomic interests. Using primary sources, opinion surveys, and interviews with Taiwanese opinion leaders, Syaru Shirley Lin paints a vivid picture of one of the most unsettled and dangerous relationships in the contemporary world, and illustrates the growing backlash against ecomic liberalization and regional ecomic integration around the world.
- Author BiographySyaru Shirley Lin is a founding faculty member of the graduate program in Global Political Economy at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. She received her A.B. from Harvard College and her Ph.D. from the University of Hong Kong. She was previously a partner at Goldman Sachs, where she was responsible for private equity and venture capital investments in Asia.
- Author(s)Syaru Shirley Lin
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.