All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuper-effective classroom management strategies for teachers in today's toughest classrooms. Packed with powerful, fast-acting behaviour management strategies for the classroom - including a vel routine to get any group quiet in 15 seconds or less - Take Control of the Noisy Class: From Chaos to Calm in 15 Seconds (Super-effective classroom management strategies for teachers in today's toughest classrooms) by Rob Plevin provides teachers with a highly effective, step-by-step plan for successfully managing challenging groups and students in today's toughest schools. Drawing on his experience working in both mainstream and special education, teacher-trainer Rob Plevin presents hundreds of proven, practical ideas and interventions to help you connect and succeed with defiant or reluctant learners. Relevant to teachers of all age groups, you'll find useable strategies for establishing classroom routines, gaining respect, making lessons engaging and creating a positive classroom environment as well as in-depth instruction on what Rob considers to be the 'number one secret to effective behaviour management'. Take Control of the Noisy Class provides teachers with a proven system for dealing with disruptive, inappropriate behaviour in the classroom, enabling them to create calm, positive learning environments and trusting bonds with hard-to-reach students. Discover: effective behaviour management strategies, the power of routines, instructions and consequences, the importance of relationships, tips and tricks for tackling misbehaviour, proven techniques for getting a rowdy class's attention, strategies for maintaining lesson flow and effective classroom management strategies which curb misbehaviour and prevent it from escalating to the stage of involving the senior leadership team and school behaviour policy. As well as a complete step-by-step lesson plan for succeeding with very challenging groups, Take Control of the Noisy Class also includes a comprehensive suite of downloadable teacher resources including video tutorials, classroom management tools and engaging lesson activities. Learn Rob's super-effective classroom management strategies for today's toughest classrooms. Relevant to teachers of all subjects and age groups - across primary and secondary schools - the book is ideal for individual teachers and leaders or as the basis of whole-school INSET. If you're worn out and fed up with students who igre you, and have had eugh of disruption and defiance, read Take Control of the Noisy Class and apply Rob's easy-to-follow behaviour management methods. You'll be able to take immediate control in your classroom, get the most from your students and enjoy stress-free teaching. Get your copy w.
- Author BiographyRob Plevin worked as a science teacher in a mainstream comprehensive school before moving into special education and eventually becoming deputy head teacher at a pupil referral unit (PRU) in Gateshead. Having developed a behaviour management system based primarily on building positive connections with students and meeting their individual needs, he now runs training courses for teachers, lecturers, parents and care workers on needs-focused teaching, behaviour management, student motivation and mindfulness. His live workshops are frequently described as 'unforgettable' and his materials are used in thousands of schools worldwide. His 'Noisy Class' video is the highest ranking video on YouTube for the search term 'classroom management'.
- Author(s)Rob Plevin
- PublisherCrown House Publishing
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCamarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrown House Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width182 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.