Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Tessa Cunningham's ninety-five year old father fell and broke his hip, it was clear that this previously independent man could longer live on his own. A care home seemed the best option. But visiting him one day, he held Tessa's hand just a little too long, and in his eyes she saw the yearning he was too proud (and loving) to articulate: Please take me home. Tessa had just recovered from breast cancer, was in the throes of getting divorced, her daughters were leaving home (soon to head off to university). Already struggling with three of a woman's worst fears, battling bitterness and betrayal, she couldn't cope with any extra stress. And yet she found herself moving her dad in, along with his zimmer frame, collection of hearing aid batteries, mogrammed hankies and tins of Black Bullet mints. Her dad can't abide moaners, is given to tactless remarks and, as he's deaf, is definitely t the best listener in the world. Yet in the months that followed, his unexpected wisdom and irrepressible ebullience helped heal Tessa's pain. Written with searing honesty, Take Me Home is a funny, touching, inspirational story that teaches us the true value of contentment.
- Author BiographyTessa Cunningham is a freelance journalist who writes for the Daily Mail's Femail pages. She lives in Winchester with her father and two daughters.
- Author(s)Tessa Cunningham
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date11/12/2015
- Weight225 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Interest Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.