All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet out the peanuts and Cracker Jacks and get ready for fun with America's national sport. The ufficial anthem of baseball has never looked better than it does in this joyful board book. A sweet, boardbook introduction to the baseball diamond. Colorful, collage-like illustrations are a kid's ticket into Sluggers Stadium, where two animal teams step up to the plate and vie for victory--all cheered on by Katie Casey, the baseball-loving cat. And what a game it is! Giraffe winds up at the pitcher's mound, hoping for a strikeout. But, with a thwack, ball meets bat, and Crocodile is off and running. Can Tiger tag him out at first? He'd better, because Elephant's up next and that will cause a commotion.
- Author BiographyJack Norworth was an American songwriter, singer, and vaudeville performer. He is credited as being one of a collection of New York-based songwriters and lyricists that made up Tin Pan Alley in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Take Me Out to the Ballgame, for which Jack wrote the lyrics, was his longest-lasting hit. Amiko Hirao earned a degree in art history in her native Japan, and later graduated from the Rhode Island School of Design. She has illustrated four children's books, including Tulip at the Bat by J. Patrick Lewis, How the Fisherman Tricked the Genie by Christopher Sunami, and All Aboard by Mary Lyn Ray. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Amiko Hirao,Jack Norworth
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintImagine Publishing, Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width162 mm
- Height133 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.