All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJenny and Joanna love their imaginative and exciting grandmother. It's hard to guess what Grandma is going to do next. But this time, when the old lady arrives to take them to an outing, Jenny and Joanna are really puzzled. Their parents protest. It's a school day! What could be more important than school? But Grandma won't take for an answer. And with the promise, Just this once, she whisks them off to Yankee Stadium for an unforgettable afteron at the ballgame.Set to the lyrics of the seventh-inning-stretch baseball anthem, Take Me Out to the Ballgame is an exuberant romp. Preschoolers and early readers will sing along as they share in the excitement of banners, hot dogs, a roaring crowd, rooting for the home team - all part of the glory that is baseball. A perfect book for beginner readers, boisterous singers, and all future fans of America's favourite sport.
- Author BiographyMaryann Kovalski, one of Canada's most beloved children's writers/illustrators, has received many honors, including the Governor General's Award shortlist, a CLA Notable, a Parent's Choice Illustrator's Honor, and two nominations for the Mr. Christie's Book Award. Born in the Bronx, Maryann was inspired by a recent move back to New York to completely overhaul her 1992 bestseller, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, with a brand new story and locations that celebrate the Bronx of her youth.
- Author(s)Maryann Kovalski
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication28/02/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.