Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionTakilma Tales: The Hippie History of Takilma, Oregon , explores the evolution of a small village near the former town of Waldo; a Gold Rush ghost town, in remote Southwest Oregon. In the 60's and 70's, young hippies flocked to the run-down mining and logging town of Takilma on the edge of the Siskiyou Mountains, which straddle the border between California and Oregon. In that wilderness, the hippies transformed the small town, and with hard work and dedication, they created an intentional community, with its own medical clinic, community building, alternative school and food co-operative. This is a collection of stories from Takilma residents and a loose compilation of the history of the place, from 'Natives to Nowadays'; in the words of many of its founding members. The author, herself a resident of Takilma for over 33 years, takes the reader on a fascinating account woven of the memories of numerous free-thinking, New-Age, back-to-the-land people who still reside there. If you've ever wanted to kw what the hippie movement was all about; read this book.
- Author(s)Susanne Kindi Fahrnkopf
- Date of Publication13/01/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight202 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.