All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussions of human biology and its consequences for ethics and public policy are often misguided. Both proponents and critics of behavioral genetics, reproductive cloning, and genetic testing have mistaken beliefs about the role of genes in human life. Taking Biology Seriously calls attention to the social context in which both the science and our ethical precepts and public policies play a role.
- Author BiographyInmaculada de Melo-Mart'n, previously Associate Professor of Philosophy at St. Mary's University in San Antonio, TX, is now a Research Ethicist in the Division of Medical Ethics in the Department of Public Health, Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
- Author(s)De Inmaculada Melo-Martin
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/10/2005
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight258 g
- Width193 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.