All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.51Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary memoir of an orphan who danced her way from war-torn Sierra Leone to ballet stardom, most recently appearing in Beyonce s Lemonade and as a principal in a major American dance company. Michaela is thing short of a miracle, born to be a ballerina. For every young brown, yellow, and purple dancer, she is an inspiration! Misty Copeland, world-rewned ballet dancer Michaela DePrince was kwn as girl Number 27 at the orphanage, where she was abandoned at a young age and tormented as a devil child for a skin condition that makes her skin appear spotted. But it was at the orphanage that Michaela would find a picture of a beautiful ballerina en pointe that would help change the course of her life. At the age of four, Michaela was adopted by an American family, who encouraged her love of dancing and enrolled her in classes. She went on to study at the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis School at the American Ballet Theatre and is w the youngest principal dancer with the Dance Theatre of Harlem. She has appeared in the ballet documentary First Position, as well as on Dancing with the Stars, Good Morning America, and Nightline. In this engaging, moving, and unforgettable memoir, Michaela shares her dramatic journey from an orphan in West Africa to becoming one of ballet s most exciting rising stars. A story of great courage that all women young and old should read. Tina Brown From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyMichaela DePrince graduated from the American Ballet Theatre's Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis school in New York, and is a dancer with the Dutch National Ballet. She travels between Amsterdam and New York City, where she lives with her family. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Michaela Deprince
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Notecolour plates
- Weight386 g
- Width147 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.