All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the biggest challenges facing India today is the question of reservation for the nations mirity communities. Although the Constitution of India affirms equal justice for all, the manner in which legislatures and courts operate often compromise these rights in the name of political pragmatism. As a result, the voiceless and vulnerable members of society Dalits, tribals, women and religious mirities continue to be excluded and marginalized. Taking Sides outlines a credible roadmap to aid the quest for an inclusive and just society. Examining this churning debate from several points of view, Rudolf Heredia makes a persuasive argument for justice premised on liberty, tempered by equality and moderated by fraternity a justice beyond politics.
- Author BiographyRudolf C. Heredia took his doctorate in Sociology from the University of Chicago (1979), and taught sociology at St Xaviers College, Mumbai. He is the author of Changing Gods: Rethinking Conversion in India.
- Author(s)Rudolf C. Heredia
- PublisherPenguin Books India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2012
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPenguin Books India
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.07Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.