All listings for this product
About this product
- Description50s and 60s New York; a fine time and place for a musician to learn his craft. One such musician is JR, a founding member of The Jay Tones, an Italian American trio riding the wave and the excitement of the burgeoning demand for Rock n' Roll. With their youthful voices behind their first hit, 'My Only Love' the boys soon become a magnet for the girls. But this is New York and the music business can be merciless. JR navigates the group through the ups and downs of the industry t to mention the strict code of behaviour demanded by the Italian/American community. In a book that will be a welcome addition to the libraries of music fans, George Colabella presents in Taking it from the Top a warm account of the journey JR took from the heady days of New York City as popular music began its unstoppable rise, through to the present day.
- Author BiographyGeorge Colabella has spent the past 30 years as a non-profit professional. He is currently the Executive Director of The Tiny Miracles Foundation. This is Mr. Colabella's second book. His first, a novel, Hypnogogia-A Life of Dreams, is unique in utilizing the dreams of the main character to advance the story. George lives in Yonkers, New York, with his wife Linn and their many cats.
- Author(s)George Colabella
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width198 mm
- Height129 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.