All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an extensive and frank exploration, leaders in women's coaching discuss the values women bring to the coaching profession, their quest for equal access, ways career aspirations and motherhood are juggled, how to negotiate contracts, and encounters with homophobia, harassment, and bullying. They also identify the challenges to progress and highlight the essential changes that need to be made. This volume will be of interest to sports organizations, leaders, and educators; athletes and parents; researchers in sports and gender studies; and politicians and policy makers. Women in leadership roles in business, public service, education, and their communities will find the wisdom contained in Taking the Lead readily transferable to their respective arenas.
- Author BiographySheila Robertson has been an award-winning writer and editor with Canada's sport community for over thirty years. She was the founding editor of three sports magazines, has worked in Team Canada communications at three Olympic Games, and been a delegate at international sports conferences. A graduate of the University of Manitoba, Sheila Robertson lives in Manotick, Ontario.
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Content Note3
- Weight450 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited bySheila Robertson
- Introduction byDru Marshall
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.