Taking the Long Way Home: Adventures of a Retired Couple Bicycling Across America by G Frank Miller (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tells the story of a retired couple taking the long way home from San Diego, California to Melbourne Beach, Florida. It is a tale of adventure, teamwork, and faith; a story of how two retirees went outside their comfort zone putting themselves in positions where they had to rely on strangers that just seemed to pop-up at the right time. They met people they would have never seen whizzing across America in a car. Along the way, a cowboy, state troopers, EMTs, preachers, a bike racer, an Emmy winner, and a lot of friendly people crossed their path. Of course, dogs often came to greet the bike riders pedaling past. Crossing America at 15 miles per hour while stopping in every small town in their path, Frank and Helen saw a very different country than one they have experienced driving at 70 mile per hour on the interstate highway. This is an account of a couple married 35 years working together as a team to accomplish a shared goal. Their adventure riding bikes for hours on empty roads through wide open spaces shows how shared experiences can change lives. It is the authors hope that this book will inspire others to step out of their comfort zone and risk taking the long way home.
- Author BiographyG. Frank Miller grew up in a small town in Iowa. He earned his BA degree at Cornell College, Mt. Vernon, Iowa, and his MA and EdD degrees at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Frank married Helen Baker in 1965. Helen was from Howard County, Maryland. The story of their meeting and falling in love in Saltillo, Mexico in the summer of 1964 is another adventure story waiting to be written. They have two adult sons, Michael and Bradley, and five grandchildren. Both Frank and Helen retired from the Arlington, Virginia, Public Schools in 1996. Frank's career in education started as a high school mathematics teach in Iowa City, Iowa. He moved from Iowa to Arlington Heights, Illinois 1n 1964 where he taught mathematics at Wheeling High School. The Millers moved to Arlington, Virginia, in 1967 where Frank had a career as a teacher and administrator. After retirement, the Millers moved from Arlington to Melbourne Beach, Florida. This book is the story of their adventures traveling from San Diego to Melbourne Beach on bicycles.
- Author(s)G Frank Miller
- Date of Publication25/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.