Taking the Measure: The Presidency of George w. Bush by Texas A & M University Press (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome of today's most prominent experts on the American presidency offer their perspectives, commentary, and analyses in this volume of studies, commissioned by the Fulbright Institute of International Relations and the Blair Center of Southern Politics and Culture, both at the University of Arkansas. With a shared focus on Bush's decision-making style, the impact of increasing partisanship, ecomic issues--especially after the 2008 financial meltdown--and, of course, the cumulative impact of 9/11 and the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, the contributors link their observations and conclusions to broader political and policy-related questions. They also take the opportunity to compare the Bush presidency with that of his successor, Barack Obama, through the latter administration's experience of disappointment in the 2010 congressional elections. The debate over the Bush legacy will t soon end, and this volume does t presume to offer the definitive, final commentary. It does, however, bridge the gap between dispassionate academic commentary written essentially for scholars and the sort of informed and unbiased analysis written for a larger public audience, contributing to the public understanding of our recent national experience. Taking the Measure: The Presidency of George W. Bush contributes significantly to the beginnings of careful, systematic consideration of the George W. Bush presidency.
- Author BiographyDonald R. Kelley is former director of the Fulbright Institute of International Relations and Professor of Political Science at the University of Arkansas. Todd G. Shields is director of the Blair Center of Southern Politics and Society, dean of the Graduate School, and former associate dean of the Clinton School of Public Service at the University of Arkansas.
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleJoseph V. Hughes Jr. and Holly O. Hughes Series on the Presidency and Leadership
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDonald R. Kelley,Todd G. Shields
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.