All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionFor anyone who wants better relationships and success at the office and at home.In solution-focused leadership, a leader recognizes, affirms, harnesses, and encourages further development of the strengths of those around him or her, while guiding the team toward a mutually-agreed-upon vision. Like horses, people in the workplace want to be treated fairly and with respect, are willing to take responsibility, and want to productively contribute. They want to participate, be heard, trust and be trusted, and make a difference. Neither horses r people are motivated by rules and organizational bureaucracies. Instead, getting through the day in peace, doing a good job, building enduring relationships with others, and finding joy in what they do helps them discover meaning and purpose in their lives.Many of our top industry producers fail to become superior contributors until they learn to be other-focused. Through conscious and consistent effort, a producer's relationship competence can be raised to the level of his or her technical competence, resulting in a highly-valued leader, supervisor, and manager. Taking the Reins encourages management techniques focused on relationships, supervision based on realistic expectations, and leadership through recognition of the strengths of others.
- Author BiographyHarold Kurstedt has 30 years experience teaching strategic thinking, management systems engineering, and relationship competence to practicing professionals. He is an award-winning professor and is a co-founder and the managing member of Newport Group LLC, a leadership consulting and training firm that works with industry, government organizations, professional associations, and people. Harold now focuses on new approaches in leadership oriented toward human relationships in an information-based society. Tim Thayne has been a passionate speaker, writer, and pioneer in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy for the past 20 years. From his doctoral work at Virginia Tech to now, his use of Solution-Focused Leadership has been instrumental in smoothing transitions inside corporations, partnerships, and families. In 2004 Tim created Homeward Bound to lead the movement to educate and support family's bringing their teens home following therapeutic treatment. Tim's strength lies in guiding business leaders and parents in their crucial roles as culture builders and change agents.
- Author(s)Harold Kurstedt,Tim R Thayne
- PublisherAdvantage Media Group
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvantage Media Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.