All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Battle of Talavera was one of the key confrontations of the Peninsular War. In a bloody contest the British and Spanish under Wellesley and Cuesta won a tactical victory over the French forces of Victor and Joseph Bonaparte. The battle was the climax of the offensive launched by Wellesley and his Spanish allies to expel the French from Madrid. Andrew Field's graphic analysis is the first full-length reassessment to be published in recent times. Using documentary records, eyewitness accounts and a painstaking study of the terrain, he reconstructs the action in vivid detail and questions assumptions about the event that have grown up over the last 200 years. He also provides an extensive tour of the battlefield.
- Author BiographyAndrew Field is a serving army officer whose travels around the world have given him a unique opportunity to explore battlefields from ancient history to present times. He has always harboured a special fascination for the Napoleonic Wars. In particular he has reassessed Napoleon's extraordinary campaign in 1814, and has carried out extensive research into Wellington's battles in the Peninsula. He has published articles on these topics in First Empire and other military history magazines.
- Author(s)Andrew Field
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/11/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLeo Cooper Ltd
- Content Note40 illustrations and maps
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.