Tales from Concrete Jungles: Urban Birding Around the World by David Lindo (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.55+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn and raised in London, David Lindo's passionate interest in the natural world, especially birds, began at an early age. His thriving curiosity opened a door for him into an unexplored world of urban birding. Years later he decided to champion the delights of birding in cities and reinvented himself as the Urban Birder. Using this illustrious alias David Lindo has brought urban birding back into the public consciousness, promoting its virtues at every opportunity and writing about it in the birding press. He urges people to look up when walking around in cities, or to stop and close your eyes in a busy street just to listen to the birds that may be singing. In his second book, David visits some of the world's most unnatural environments, revealing the astonishingly diverse range of wildlife that can be found when you take the time to look. Much more than a compendium of birding sites, each tale follows the Urban Birder in his enthralling pursuit of city birding. Accompanied by dedicated local conservationists and rewned birders, David gives a deeper insight into the true nature of each city. Featuring 70 locations to explore, Tales from Concrete Jungles is the perfect book to dip in to when on the move, or to hide away with on a rainy afteron. Join David in his celebration of nature, pick up travel inspiration, and immerse yourself in his captivating quest for urban birding.
- Author BiographyDavid Lindo is the Urban Birder. He has passionately promoted the virtues of birding in the urban environment at every opportunity, and especially through frequent articles in the birding press and on his appearances on television and radio. He was brought up in London and has been a birder all his life. His first book, The Urban Birder, chronicled his transformation from baby birder to fully-fledged superstar of the urban birding world.
- Author(s)David Lindo
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Content Note5 Line drawings
- Weight371 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.