All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionClassicstoriesanddazzlingillustrationsofprincesses, kings, sailors, and genies come to life in a stunning retellingoftheArabianfolktalesfromOne Thousand and One Nights and other collections, including thoseofAladdin, Sinbad the Sailor, and Al Baba and the Forty Thieves. The magical storytellingof award-winning authorDonnaJoNapolidramatizesthesetimelesstalesandignites childrens'imaginations.
- Author BiographyDONNA JO NAPOLI is professor of linguistics at Swarthmore College, mother of five, grandmother of five, and the author of more than 80 books for children and young adults. While her undergraduate major was mathematics and her graduate work was in linguistics, she has a profound love of mythology, folklore, and fairy tales. CHRISTINA BALIT is a graduate of the Chelsea School of Art and the Royal College of Art, London. An award-winning dramatist and illustrator, Christina has painted more than 20 children's books, including Blodin and the Beast by Michael Morpurgo, Zoo in the Sky, The Planet Gods, The Lion Bible, National Geographic's Treasury of Greek Mythology, and National Geographic's Treasury Egyptian Mythology. Her author titles include Escape From Pompeii, Atlantis, The Legend of the Lost City, and An Arabian Home. Her plays include Woman With Upturned Skirt, The Sentence, and Needle (winner of the Brave New Role award).
- Author(s)Professor of Linguistics Donna Jo Napoli
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.