Tales from the Georgia Tech Sideline: A Collection of the Greatest Yellow Jacket Stories Ever Told by Kim King (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this reissue of Tales from the Georgia Tech Sideline, former quarterback Kim King shares stories from his unique half-century involvement with Yellow Jackets football. As a child growing up in Atlanta, King watched Coach Bobby Dodd's great Tech teams of the 1950s play in historic Grant Field. A highly recruited high school quarterback, King went to Tech and became the star quarterback from 1965--67. The Young Left-Hander, as late Tech radio anuncer Al Ciraldo called King, led the Jackets to two bowl games and was Bobby Dodd's last quarterback before he retired after the 1966 season. King's involvement with Tech football did t end with his graduation. In 1974 he joined Ciraldo in the radio booth as Tech's color commentator. In the book, he details Tech's struggles after Dodd's retirement; the colorful and turbulent Pepper Rodgers years; Bill Curry's painful first coaching steps back at his alma mater before restoring Tech to prominence in the mid-'80s; and the two awful seasons Bobby Ross endured before the historic 1990 breakthrough, culminating in Georgia Tech's fourth national championship. Following Bill Lewis's disastrous tenure in the early '90s, George O'Leary revived Tech football yet again before his controversial departure for Notre Dame led to Chan Gailey's arrival on The Flats. Kim King saw many of the Jackets' bowl victories and nearly 50 years of Tech football before his death in 2004. He shares those memories, along with his personal reminiscences of Tech players and coaches, triumphs and travails, in Tales from the Georgia Tech Sideline. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyKim King (1945--2004) was a part of Georgia Tech football for more than 50 years. Born and raised in Atlanta, he was Tech's quarterback from 1965--67, including legendary coach Bobby Dodd's last season in '66. A member of the Georgia Tech and state of Georgia athletic halls of fame, King was named one of Tech's 50 greatest athletes of the 20th century. Jack Wilkinson has written about sports for more than 35 years in Miami, Chicago, his native New York, and Atlanta. Named the Georgia Sportswriter of the Year three times, he's covered many World Series and Final Fours, as well as multiple Olympics and Super Bowls, and has written for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Author(s)Kim King
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleTales from the Team
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note45 B&W photos
- Weight328 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.