All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBee and Grasshopper are best friends who live in the make-believe land of the Little Valley. They do everything together from riding their bicycles, skateboarding, swimming at the beach, even riding pogo sticks! This first of a series of Children's books features them going on a fishing trip with their friends. Each story in the series aims at responsibility, sharing, courtesy, honesty, safety as well as an occasional brain teaser! The author was influenced greatly from the bedtime stories that his father told him many years ago. By picking up the art of storytelling from his dad, the author subsequently told bedtime stories to his two daughters when they were infants and toddlers. The author also considers himself an amateur entomologist who has always had a love for insects and had included them in the stories that he told his children. When his daughters were little, he would walk with them in the backyard and look for different insects to show them. Tales From the Little Valley is a series of children's books that involve Bee and Grasshopper going on all sorts of adventures with their many friends. The author hopes that those who read it will find the joy of reading these stories to their children or even their grandchildren.
- Author BiographyBill Denert is an up-and-coming author of children's books. His series, Tales From the Little Valley, is the first of his works to be published. He gives his late dad, Bill, Sr., a lot of credit for teaching him the ability to tell bedtime stories. As a youngster, he used to love having his dad tell great bedtime stories about Uncle Wiggly and Peter Rabbit and he carried on that tradition with his own daughters, by telling original bedtime stories about Bee and Grasshopper. His stories always contain little reminders about safety, sharing, and responsibility as well as a brain teaser about math in this first of a series. The author is a fervent lover of all living things and hopes that those who read his series can also form an appreciation for all creatures great and small. Bill lives in Cromwell, Connecticut with his wife Donna, his dog, Shelby and his cat, Rookie.
- Author(s)Bill Denert
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $43.23Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.