All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFast-paced, astonishingly gory and always featuring as many corpses as possible, The Terrific Register was a publishing sensation. As a schoolboy, Charles Dickens was never without a copy, and he later recalled how it 'frightened my very wits out of my head, for the small charge of a penny weekly'. This selection contains many tales of London life that will startle the modern reader. Including gripping stories of fires, floods and disasters, 'eye-witness' accounts of the great plague and 'the last moment of Lord Balmeri, executed on Tower Hill, 1746', it is a fascinating read for anyone who kws the city. Many of these tales have t appeared in print since Dickens himself read them. Richly illustrated with original woodcuts, it will astound residents, tourists and historians alike.
- Author BiographyNeil R. Storey is anhistorian andthe author of East End Murders: From Jack the Ripper to Ronnie Kray and London: Crime, Death & Debauchery.
- Author(s)Cate Ludlow
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.