All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.42
About this product
- DescriptionVolume II in the Tales of Avalon Series Magical sequel to The Apple and the Thorn, This is a vel of ancient Avalon in which the thirteen Marsh Tales are recounted. It is the story of a priestess of Avalon who has survived the Roman massacre of the druids on the Isle of Mona, and the Celtic tribal Healer who brings her back to health. Woven into this story are the thirteen Marsh Tales, the ancient Wisdom of Avalon, original myths by Melnyk, based upon traditional Welsh fairies. Fianna, called to return to Avalon before it is enclosed forever by mists to protect against the Romans, teaches the Tales to Cethin the Healer. The unique and intriguing format is that of a vel containing thirteen short stories, in which the timeless quest of the human spirit is brought vividly to light. This printing has corrected typographical errors that appeared in the first printing. From a Reader: What I can only call the pervasive mood of the book is really strong in your writing - far more so than most other vels. It feels like reading history, full of sounds, smells, and tastes . . . did you intend to have such a pungent atmosphere? It certainly adds to the tale, drags you in and stays with you. -- Cat, United Kingdom By Brynneth Colvin for The Druid Network There are tales within tales, delving further into the realms of history and myth. There are a number of different voices in this book, and they come through well. Melnyk shifts between the realms of more real, historical seeming people, and the landscape of myth in some very effective ways. Added to this, he has a lyrical writing style, giving the work flow and vitality. I loved the Marsh Tales, and very much recommend them.
- Author BiographyWalter William Melnyk is co-author, with Emma Restall Orr, of The Apple and the Thorn, a timeless tale for the ages of the meeting between the Lady of Avalon and Joseph of Arimathea (Eosaidh, in that tale) during the Roman invasion of Britain. Tales of Avalon is Melnyk's long-awaited sequel to that work, presenting the body of thirteen original Marsh Tales shared by Vivian and Eosaidh, the collected ancient Wisdom of Avalon. Melnyk is a retired clergyman, and a walker between the worlds of mainline Christianity and Celtic mysticism. He lives in an old farmhouse in southeastern Pennsylvania with his wife, Glyn, and their schnoodle.
- Author(s)Walter William Melnyk
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.