Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionWorshipped in some cultures, feared in others, loved as pets worldwide, cats are seen as possessing special power athletic, supernatural, or intellectual. The nine tales included her show cats in all their glory. The cats in these stories are kind, cruel, independent, lovable and always clever. These nine stories come from all points of the globe, including Sri Lanka ( The Magnificent Cat ), East Africa ( Why Cats Live with Women ), Italy ( The House of Cats ), and Tibet ( The Holy Cat ).
- Author BiographyPleasant DeSpain Bio: Pleasant DeSpain has a most unusual but true name and an equally unusual but true profession writer and storyteller. He travels the world collecting, researching, writing and retelling traditional tales from native cultures. Born in Colorado, he wrote his first original story at age eight. It was published as The Mystery Artist in 1996. Pleasant taught speech-literature-drama for six years at three universities, and wrote-produced-hosted an award-winning TV show called Pleasant Journeys on KING TV, Seattle. Now, the author of eighteen award-winning, multicultural story collections and picture books, published by August House, has a home in Troy, NY and frequently travels to spend extended periods of time in Thailand. Pleasant continues to travel the world having amazing adventures. While living in Thailand he has continued to collect more stories and is working on a new book.
- Author(s)Pleasant DeSpain
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width140 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Don Bell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.