Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe years between 1922 and 1961, often referred to as the Dark Ages of Northwest Coast art, have largely been igred by art historians, and dismissed as a period of artistic decline. Tales of Ghosts compellingly reclaims this era, arguing that it was instead a critical period during which the art played an important role in public discourses on the status of First Nations people in Canadian society. Those with an interest in First Nations and Canadian history and art history, anthropology, museology, and post-colonial studies will be delighted by the publication of this major contribution to their fields.
- Author BiographyRonald W. Hawker is an assistant professor, Department of Art and Design, Zayed University, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Author(s)Ronald W. Hawker
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2002
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note45 b&w photographs, 1 map, 2 line drawings
- Weight503 g
- Width4039 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.