Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionTales of Old Japanese is a collection of five short stories of the older generation living in contemporary Japan. The author has spent over 20 years living in the country, working as a writer and journalist. Some of his impressions of Japan and of the people who live there have been recorded in: Keiko's House: An old house, its history, and the history of those who have lived there in the past. Haircuts: When 92-year-old Mr Kato changes his barber, his life takes on a surprising new meaning. Click: One photograph every day. The memories of twenty years, all neatly arranged in albums. Mrs Terada's camera sees everything. Mrs Sakamoto's Grouse: When Mrs Sakamoto sees a new brand of whisky on the shelves of her local neighbourhood shop, the result is unexpected. The Old House: Two boys play in the garden of a deserted house once owned by a torious miser; which turns out t to be deserted after all.
- Author BiographyHugh Ashton is the author of At the Sharpe End, a thriller set in 2008 Tokyo, as well as two alternate history novels: Beneath Gray Skies and Red Wheels Turning. Inknbeans Press has recently published two volumes of his Sherlock Holmes stories: Tales from the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD and More from the Deed Box of John H. Watson MD.
- Author(s)Hugh Ashton
- PublisherInknbeans Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInknbeans Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight104 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nikki McBroom
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.