All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'We'd nearly got to the shaft when I heard a shot. Everything stopped.' Often quoted as the model for the Steve McQueen character in the The Great Escape, by age 21 Ken had already trained to be a pilot officer; flown 56 hair-raising bomber missions; taken part in the siege of Malta; got married; been shot down into a remote Norwegian lake; and been captured, interrogated and sent to Stalag Luft III. It was here that Rees took part in and survived the Great Escape. This is his remarkable story of capture, courage and camaraderie in the face of terrible danger. This is the story of the three tunnels. This is what really happened.
- Author BiographyKen Rees took part in what is now known as The Great Escape - he was part of the team of men who dug tunnels to escape from the prisoner of war camp Stalag Luft III. He was also a Wing Commander and lived until the age of 93, making him the last surviving member of the digging team.
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication02/03/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBounty Books
- Out-of-print date07/10/2015
- Weight182 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.