Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $29.56
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
About this product
- DescriptionHow do you engage children in problem-solving activities? This collection of seven modern, fairy tales offers the opportunity to teach mathematics and problem-solving with a creative approach. Each of the stories focuses on an aspect of mathematics, linked to the Primary Framework, allowing children to use and apply their understanding through a familiar context of a fairy tale, with an entertaining twist. Children become involved in the stories and are eager to solve the problems in order to continue the story and discover the outcome. Mathematical concepts are entwined with the fairy tales, offering children the opportunity to become absorbed in the story and embed their understanding, sometimes without even realizing it. These stories can be used to introduce a concept or to reinforce children's kwledge at the end of a topic. Discover with your class how Romeo's hair doubles in length to save the stranded Rapunzel or how Sw White helps seven Funny Men to become more punctual and to tell the time.
- Author BiographyKatherine Weiss and Michelle Hopkins are KS2 Primary teachers based in Essex and they specialise in literacy and numeracy respectively. In this book they have combined their interests to create an exciting new way of looking at mathematical problems.
- Author(s)Katherine Weiss,Michelle Hopkins
- PublisherSouthgate Publishers
- Date of Publication25/02/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Place of PublicationCREDITON
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouthgate Publishers
- Content Note25 b&w halftone
- Weight160 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Diane Brazier
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.