Talk About a Dream: The Essential Interviews of Bruce Springsteen by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBruce Springsteen often prefers to let his music do the talking. His onstage stories and shaggy dog tales have long entertained his fans, but his songs and his guitar provide the most direct line to their hearts. Considering his prominence on the rock 'n' roll landscape, Springsteen has spent remarkably little of his 40-year recording career speaking to the press. But when he does decide to sit down and talk, the conversations tend to be momentous. Q&As with Bruce Springsteen reveal an artist with great insight and self-awareness, a student of music, an avid searcher, an astute observer of humanity from the boardwalk to America at large. Much has been written about the Boss, but few can be said to kw the man as well as he kws himself, and the best of Springsteen's own words are collected here in Talk About a Dream. Gathering more than 30 different interviews spanning from 1973 to 2013, this volume captures his remarkable personality-one that takes interviews as seriously as making music. These eye-opening conversations chart Springsteen's development as an artist, a thinker, and a public figure, shedding light on everything from the meaning of lyrics to his evolution from rebel rocker to global icon.
- Author BiographyChristopher Phillips has been covering the career of Bruce Springsteen for 20 years as the editor and publisher of Backstreets, the premier Springsteen magazine. He also created and maintains Backstreets.com, the primary web destination for Springsteen fans. He lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina Louis P. Masur is a cultural historian and the author of many books, including Runaway Dream: Born to Run and Bruce Springsteen's American Vision. He has appeared on E Street Radio with Dave Marsh and on WFUV with Dennis Elsas, and has written about Springsteen for Slate, Salon, and other publications. He is a professor of American Studies and History at Rutgers University, and lives in New Jersey.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Press
- Content Note8pp b&w insert
- Weight441 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byChristopher Phillips,Louis P. Masur
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.