Talk Straight, Listen Carefully: The Art of Interviewing by M. L. Stein, Susan F. Paterno (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReflecting the fast-changing world of print journalism, the Second Edition of the Newswriter's Handbook: An Introduction to Journalism is fully updated and expanded. Authors Stein, Pater, and Burnett have refined this edition to more fully address contemporary issues. Coverage includes: greater emphasis on recent legal trends involving journalism; the ethical scandals that in recent years have strained the credibility of news organizations large and small; a new section on obituary writing; and increased attention to opportunities on the World Wide Web. From spot or hard news to features, newsfeatures, editorials and opinions, the Newswriter's Handbook shows how to develop news judgment, how to write accurately and fairly, how to organize a story and write it clearly, how to handle the complexities of honesty and ethics in journalism, and how to cover traditional beats and prepare to specialize. Loaded with examples from the largest dailies to respected state capital city newspapers and campus publications, the Newswriter's Handbook, Second Edition teaches students the writing and reporting skills necessary in today's job market while exciting them about the possibilities of a career in the news business.
- Author BiographyM. L. Mike Stein has more than 30 years experience as a journalist author, and educator. He teaches feature article writing at the University of California, Irvine, Extension Division; is former chair of the Department of Journalism and Mass Communications at New York University and the Department of Journalism at California State University, Long Beach; and is former West Coast Editor of Editor & Publisher. Susan F. Paterno is associate professor of English and directs the journalism program at Chapman University in Southern California. A contributing writer to the American Journalism Review, she also has written for the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, and U.S. News and World Report, garnering many awards for writing and reporting.
- Author(s)M. L. Stein,Susan F. Paterno
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication31/01/2001
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight238 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.