All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionTalk, thinking and philosophy are crucial components of children's learning. This book is a practical and readable guide to the ways in which teachers can provide children with the opportunities to develop and use these skills to their greatest effect. It begins by asking why talking and thinking should be taught and examines current approaches in this area. It goes on to look at how teachers can develop talking and thinking skills across the six Areas of Learning to help children gain confidence and deepen understanding.
- Author BiographyJohn Smith is Senior Lecturer in Primary Education at the Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Education where he teaches Mathematics Education and Thinking Skills on ITE and CPD courses. He began his teaching career as a teacher of English and communication skills to adults before moving into primary education. For many years he was a class teacher and subject coordinator in a primary school before becoming a teacher educator. He is a Sapere Philosophy for Children trainer and has also been trained in many of the other approaches described within this book.
- Author(s)John Smith
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Cross-curricular Strand Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight262 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.