All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTALK TO ME LIKE I'M SOMEONE YOU LOVE is a brilliant interactive relationship tool that can help couples stop arguing and begin healing. Couples therapist, Nancy Dreyfus, hit upon this revolutionary practice during a particularly angry couples-therapy session in which a wife's unrelenting criticism of her husband was making him more and more emotionally withdrawn. Suddenly, Dreyfus found herself scribbling on a scrap of paper, Talk to me like I'm someone you love, and gesturing to the husband that he should hold it up. He did and within seconds, the familiar power differential between the two shifted and a gentler, more genuine connection emerged. This revised edition features two new sections - one on making love and ather on deepening trust - containing over 25 new flash cards for real life - written statements that hold the power to express what we wish we could say to the person we love, but for which we can't find either the right words or the right tone in which to say them. Each of the statements in this book is accompanied by field tes from the author that explain when, why and how to use the statement, as well as actual stories from the author's practice.
- Author BiographyNancy Dreyfus is a seasoned psychotherapist and couples therapist. She holds a doctorate degree from Hahnemann University Medical School. She lives in the Philadelphia area.
- Author(s)Nancy Dreyfuss
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- Weight600 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.