All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForget Blondie, the Ramones and Suicide - Talking Heads were arguably the most significant band to emerge from the late seventies' New York punk scene. Critics were beguiled by Talking Heads' cerebral rock, and particularly by skittery, herky-jerky frontman Byrne, but it was when producer Brian E came on board for 1978's More Songs About Buildings And Food, 1979's Fear Of Music and the following year's virtuoso Remain in Light that the band's appeal spread from a kwing cult through to the mainstream. The band enjoyed major chart success on both sides of the Atlantic with infectious, incendiary singles like 'Road To Nowhere', 'Psycho Killer' and 'Once In A Lifetime'. During their influential 17-year career, Talking Heads assembled a body of raw yet intellectual rock music second to ne. Then in 2002, having vowed to never work together again, the four original Heads reconvened and played live when they were inducted into the Rock'N'Roll Hall Of Fame. Maybe, just maybe, their curious history is t quite over yet...
- Author BiographyIan Gittins has written about music and popular culture for 15 years, for publications as various as Melody Maker, Q, the Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Time Out, MTV and the New York Times. Based in London, he now contributes to the Guardian and Q. He is also the author of Bjork - Human Behaviour: The Stories Behind Every Song.
- Author(s)Ian Gittins
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note80 colour /b&w photos
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.