All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at an issue which is at the heart of every classroom - the role that talk plays in children's learning. Drawing on a substantial research base, the book provides useful suggestions to facilitate successful talk between teachers and children to improve learning and raise standards. Through analysing the talk that goes on in primary school classrooms, the book examines the process of talk and learning in detail and shows how teachers' questions, instructions and statements can support and extend children's learning. It highlights the central influence of teacher talk on developing children's learning and looks at international perspectives in the field, including the work of Shirley Brice Heath, Douglas Barnes, Gordon Wells, Neil Mercer and Robin Alexander. This invative book provides ideas, techniques, and practical suggestions for making classroom talk effective. It is key reading for student and qualified teachers who are interested in improving learning by generating higher levels of participation and interactive talk in their classrooms.
- Author BiographyDebra Myhill is a Professor of Education at the University of Exeter; former English teacher, now Head of Initial Teacher Training; research interests in all aspects of literacy education, but particularly talk, writing and gender. Susan Jones is a Research Fellow at the University of Exeter; a former Early Years teacher; lead researcher in recent studies investigating gender, talk, and currently writing. Rosemary Hopper is a Lecturer in Education at the University of Exeter; former English teacher; currently co-ordinator of mentor training and involved with teacher professional development.
- Author(s)Debra Myhill,Rosemary Hopper,Susan Jones
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width53 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine3 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.