All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- Description'This book demystifies the verbal magic that helps turn a classroom into a learning community with lively and engaging discourse. Teachers will find the instructional elements for orchestrating dialogue that gives students an appropriate and potent voice in the teaching and learning environment' - Neal A. Glasgow, Teacher, San Dieguito Union High School District, CA, Author, What Successful Teachers Do . Boost student participation and learning by fostering effective communication in your classroom! Talking, Listening, and Teaching demonstrates how important it is for teachers to understand and monitor classroom communication patterns and resolve problems that may hamper students' learning. Using examples from real classrooms, the author explains: how classroom talk is different from communication outside the classroom; how to gather and analyze data about classroom talk; what type of questioning generates good discussions; why and how to give feedback to students; and, how nverbal communication impacts the classroom. This insightful guide to classroom communication, featuring provocative 'Thinking About Your Own Classroom' questions, is ideal for teacher study groups and benefits all educators who wish to effectively manage this important aspect of teaching and learning.
- Author BiographyThomas S. C. Farrell is a professor in applied linguistics at Brock University, Canada. He has been involved with ESL and applied linguistics for the past 27 years and has written extensively on topics such as reflective practice, language teacher development, and language teacher education. His recent books include Reflective Practice in Action (2004, Corwin Press), Reflecting on Classroom Communication in Asia (2004, Longman), and Professional Development for Language Teachers (2005, Cambridge University Press, coauthored with Jack Richards).
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date17/04/2012
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byThomas S. C. Farrell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.