All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning documentary Talking Story takes viewers on a fascinating adventure into the world of healing, shamanism, plant medicine, and divination. Learning that many indigeus cultures are on the verge of losing their medicinal plants, healing traditions, and spiritual kwledge as a result of habitat destruction, cultural assimilation, and globalization, filmmaker Marie-Rose Phan-Le sets out on what becomes a life-changing journey to record the disappearing traditions of authentic mystics and shamans, discovering her own gift as a healer along the way. From Hawaii to the Himalayas, the film follows Phan-Le as she meets with healers and shamans, and transports viewers into a world of exotic places, esoteric practices, and practical applications in the art of healing. While chronicling the lives, rituals, and wisdom of the elders she meets, Phan-Le is surprised to experience events that cause her to emerge from behind the lens and to accept herself as a healer.
- Author BiographyMARIE-ROSE PHAN-Le has more than twenty years of experience in film and television production. Beginning her career at the CBS affiliate in Phoenix, Arizona, she later expanded her work to include commercial production, episodic production, television development, feature film production, and media consulting. The founder and president of Healing Planet Project, a nonprofit dedicated to the preservation and presentation of healing and spiritual traditions through media, Phan-Le is the writer, director, and producer of this award-winning documentary film along with its companion book of the same name.
- Author(s)Marie-Rose Phan-Le
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/01/2015
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Weight77 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.