All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAndi is short. And she has lots of wishes. She wishes she could play on the school basketball team, she wishes for her own bedroom, but most of all she wishes that her long-lost half-brother, Bernardo, could come and live in London where he belongs. Then Andi's biggest wish comes true and she's minutes away from becoming someone's little sister. As she waits anxiously for Bernardo to arrive from the Philippines, she hopes he'll turn out to be tall and just as crazy as she is about basketball. When he finally arrives, he's tall all right. Eight feet tall, in fact plagued by condition called Gigantism and troubled by secrets that he believes led to his phemenal growth. In a vel packed with quirkiness and humor, Gourlay explores a touching sibling relationship and the clash of two very different cultures. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyCANDY GOURLAY was born in Manila during the dictatorship of Ferdinand Marcos. After working as a journalist for some years, she moved to the U.K. in her twenties. Candy is now a full-time writer across a range of mediums: short stories, blogs, Web sites, journalistic features, and radio programs. Tall Story is Candy's first full-length published novel. Visit her on the Web at CandyGourlay.com.
- Author(s)Candy Gourlay
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication14/02/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.