Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by goldilox26
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the edge of a mystical border called the Limen, close to a beautiful canal-laced city, a humble candle maker rescues a child whom he raises as his apprentice. Years pass and the child's unusual talents are revealed, the gentle art of candle-making slowly transforming into something far more sinister. Lingering in the shadows, enemies watch and wait - a vengeful aristocrat, an exotic queen and the lethal creatures kwn only as the Morte Whisperers. They hunger after the child's ancient magic and will do anything to control it - betray, lie, manipulate. Even kill. A story of intrigue, deadly magic and a love so deep it transcends life itself.
- Author BiographyAssociate Professor Karen Brooks is an Honorary Research Fellow at the Centre for Critical and Cultural Studies at the University of Queensland and has a PhD in cultural studies. Renowned internationally for her work on popular culture, Karen is also a dynamic and award-winning teacher. She is a weekly columnist for The Courier Mail and an 'expert' on Channel 7's Sunrise and The Morning Show and has appeared on 60Minutes. She was also a regular on ABC's The Einstein Factor as part of the Brains Trust. Author of the popular Cassandra Klein quartet and Rifts through Quentaris, Karen's first non-fiction book Consuming Innocence- Popular Culture and Our Children was published in 2008 to rave reviews. In recognition of the public debates she has stimulated and her academic and creative contributions to Australian and global society, she is cited in Who's Who of Australian Women 2007-2011, as well as Who's Who in the World. Karen has a wonderful partner, Stephen, and two gorgeous children, Adam and Caragh, and shares her house with her cuddly dogs and, occasionally, her fabulous friends as well.
- Author(s)Karen Brooks
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleCurse of the Bond Riders
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationNorth Sydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2009
- ImprintWoolshed Press
- Weight580 g
- Width234 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.