All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionTallulah Bankhead was an actress whose talents were greatly overshadowed by her antics. Indeed, the Bankhead personality was much better kwn than her acting roles. While it is impossible to study her career without exploring her highly charged personality, this bio-bibliography hors Tallulah Bankhead, the actress. In a career that spanned five decades, she conquered practically every medium of entertainment--theater, film, radio, and television--leaving her mark in each one. Biographers have several times attempted to chronicle her life, but Bankhead remains too original, too unconventional, too colorful to be captured fully on paper. What can be ted are her many accomplishments--which have previously been igred. This book corrects that oversight by documenting her 19 motion pictures, 56 stage plays, 167 radio appearances, and 56 television appearances, and also listing other professional appearances, recordings, awards and tributes. Additional features include a biographical sketch based on research and interviews with associates, a chrology of highlights in her life, an antated bibliography of books and magazine articles about her or referring to her, and interesting photographs illustrating her career. Fully cross-referenced and indexed, this is a complete source for any research about Bankhead and will also provide helpful data and insights into the theater, films, persons, and events of her world.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY L. CARRIER is a creative assistant at Ogilvy & Mather Advertising, New York, and a freelance film historian. His previous book in Greenwood's series on the performing arts, Jennifer Jones: A Bio-Bibliography (1990), was called a superior reference book by Anthony Slide in Classic Images and one of the best in the series by John Nangle in Films in Review.
- Author(s)Jeffrey L. Carrier
- Date of Publication20/09/1991
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleBio-Bibliographies in the Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.