All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 25 songs from all around the world, designed for 4-7 year olds and supported by a wealth of musical developments and imaginative ideas for performance. Over 25 songs from all around the world, designed for 4-7 year olds and supported by a wealth of musical developments and imaginative ideas for performance. The collection includes chants, echo songs, action songs and playground games, many collected in the field by Helen MacGregor and some popular favourites, such as I bought me a cat (USA), Bate bate chocolate (Mexico) and Funga alafia (West Africa). The book includes phonetic transliterations where appropriate and English meanings. Where relevant, songs will be provided in their original scripts (eg Gujarati, Japanese etc) on a website in pdf format so that teachers can download them as handouts or for use on a whiteboard. The CD includes sample performances of each song to help with learning and pronunciation for easy performance. Melody lines are provided at the back of the book.
- Author BiographyHelen MacGregor is Teacher Adviser for Music in Kent. She has written and contributed to numerous best-selling titles for A&C Black, including Music Express, Singing French and Singing English, Bingo Lingo and Tom Thumb's Musical Maths.
- Author(s)Helen MacGregor
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication14/10/2007
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleSongbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2007
- ImprintA & C Black Music
- Content Note(line and tone)
- Weight300 g
- Width220 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.