All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionAn aura of mystery has surrounded Tamara de Lempicka since she was born, t in Warsaw in 1902, as she claimed, but according to official records in 1898 in Moscow. The beautiful and scandalous Tamara was the extravagant muse of Art Deco, an icon of the roaring twenties, and a successful painter of intensely sensual portraits that were powerfully sculptural with Cubist lines, embellished with sophisticated decorative elements. Cool colours, cramped spaces and stark contrasts between light and shade surround the unforgettable faces of rich, elegant, emancipated, and theatrical women fixed in their existential melancholy. The catalogue includes a careful selection of unforgettable paintings and valuable historic photographs offering us a fascinating thematic reconstruction of the personal and professional aspects of Tamara's life, including the places she lived, her involvement in the sophisticated fashion world of the period, and her studies of the nude, as well as her still-lifes and portraits.
- Author BiographyGioia Mori professor in art history at the Accademia di Venezia, and editor of Art e Dossier, one of the most authoritative Italian journals in the sector.
- Author(s)Gioia Mori
- Publisher24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Imprint24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Content Note111 colour, 170 b.&w.
- Weight2454 g
- Width280 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.