All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in India, Kamini often found herself struggling to be ticed: ticed by her beloved, storytelling father, whose position as a railway officer took him away from home for long stretches of time; and ticed by her distant, distracted mother, Saroja, whose biting remarks earned her the nickname Tamarind Woman and whose frequent disappearances while her husband was away led to whispers of dalliances and affairs. Now Kamini is grown, living in Canada in a sort of self-imposed exile from her eccentric family and all the turmoil they represent. After her father s death, her mother embarks upon a solo journey across India by train because what is the use of a lifetime railway pass if she doesn t use it? The trip brings the past rushing back for Saroja and Kamini as both are forced to confront their dreams, disappointments, and long-guarded secrets.
- Author(s)Anita Rau Badami
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Weight260 g
- Width141 mm
- Height207 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.