All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSituated at the beginning, or the end, of the famous trade routes kwn as the Silk Road, Chinas ancient capital Changan flourished during the Tang dynasty (618 907) to become the largest and most cosmopolitan city in the world. Tang: Treasures from the Silk Road Capital presents wondrous and diverse artifacts from Changan and the surrounding area from temples and the tombs of the wealthy and the elite. Existing for over three hundred years, the Tang dynasty is considered the golden age of the arts, science, and commerce in China. Predating the travels of Marco Polo, people came from far and wide to China where foreign goods and ideas were welcomed, where women had greater opportunities to move freely, become educated, and even take power. China's only female emperor, Wu Zetian, ruled during this time. It was also a time of rebellion, war, and court intrigue. The influence of Tang remains strong today and is still evident in the city of Changan (present-day Xian). The spectacular archaeological findings, drawn from eleven institutions in Shaanxi province, include gold, silver, glass, ceramics, sculptures, and mural paintings, demonstrate the high artistic achievements of this Golden Age of China. With few publications available in English on the art of the Tang dynasty, this will be a welcome book for general and specialist readers alike.
- PublisherArt Gallery of New South Wales
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintArt Gallery of New South Wales
- Content Note120 color illus.
- Weight908 g
- Width5830 mm
- Height7128 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byCao Yin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.