All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrated creator Camilla d Errico delivers a stunning visual journey, exploring emotion, temptation and what it means to be human. Tanpopo is superhumanly intelligent and inhumanly emotionless; she is ruled by her mind and vast kwledge. Something inside of her suddenly breaks and her heart rises up to struggle against the ruling mind. Torn and confused, she w seeks her humanity, longing to feel what humans feel. Kuro, or Poodle, senses her distress. He promises Tanpopo that she will experience the full range of human emotions, of which love and happiness are the coveted prizes. Alas, such a rich reward cant come without its price: Kuro is The Devil in disguise and he is after Tanpopo s Soul. Will her quest for love set her free or will it shackle her for eternity? Each chapter of TANPOPO is inspired by a classic piece of literature. This premiere volume explores Goethe s FAUST, Samuel Taylor Coleridge s THE RIME OF THE ANCIENT MARINER, and the Chinese author P u Sung-Ling s STRANGE STORIES FROM A CHINESE STUDIO.
- Author BiographyCamilla d'Errico has been making waves in the fine art and comic industries with her manga-influenced style. Ever the prolific artist, d Errico is an urban contemporary painter, illustrator, designer, character creator, and comic artist residing in Vancouver, Canada. Nominated for both Eisner and Joe Shuster Awards, she has worked with Random House, Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics, and Tokyopop. Her creator-owned properties include the graphic novel BURN and SKY PIRATES OF NEO TERRA. TANPOPO, d Errico s passion project, has been embraced by fans and independent comics collectors for its highly original combination of classic poetry and literature blended with her unique West Meets East drawing style. She has collaborated with Neil Gaiman, Sanrio, Disney and Mattel. d Errico has distinguished herself through her ability to seamlessly weave manga and western comic art, creating a unique style that bridges cultural and geographical boundaries, while remaining totally relevant to today s varied audience.
- Author(s)Camilla D'Errico
- PublisherBoom! Studios
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoom! Studios
- Weight871 g
- Width210 mm
- Height309 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Camilla D'Errico
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.