All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe interpretations of Tao Te Ching are as many as its translations. Each author is looking at Lao Tzu's immortal classic from his or her own perspective, and this is also one of the many reasons why Tao Te Ching is eye-opening and thought-provoking. The Bible and Tao Te Ching are among the most translated and extensively read books of all time, and for a good reason: one is about God's wisdom, and the other is about human wisdom. The author's own translation of Tao Te Ching is based on his belief that Lao Tzu's masterpiece is about the Creator of the universe, and that with true human wisdom man sees t only the manifestations but also the mysteries of His creation. The book is about true human wisdom without the conditioned thinking of contemporary wisdom. Without the reverse mindset of Lao Tzu, man may have difficulties in understanding the wisdom of God expressed in the Bible. The book is divided into four parts. Part One is about the author's reasons for writing the book, and also why Tao Te Ching is a must read for anyone who seeks real human wisdom. Part Two is the author's own translation of the 81 chapters of Tao Te Ching with respect to the Bible; each chapter is followed by some selected Bible verses for further reflection on what Lao Tzu has said. Part Three is about the essentials of Tao wisdom with detailed explanation in simple language and with everyday life examples to help the reader understand the profound wisdom of Lao Tzu. Part Four is an explanation of how Tao wisdom may help the reader understand God's wisdom in the Bible. Tao is the Way to Biblical wisdom.
- Author BiographyStephen Lau is a writer, a researcher, and an artist. Born and educated in Hong Kong, he received his further education in Singapore and the United Kingdom. He now lives in the United States. He has publications on Amazon, including books on wisdom, health and wellness, vision improvement, weight loss, and cancer, as well as a novel about yin and yang. For more information about his publications, websites, blogs, and art work, go to: http: //www.stephencmlau.com.
- Author(s)Stephen Lau
- Date of Publication29/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight259 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.