Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book traces the rich history of tapestry from the earliest examples to modern pieces. The different forms of tapestry associated with tribal and madic life are discussed, as well as those of the developed world, and tapestry is considered both as an art form and as an everyday, practical craft. The copious illustrations reveal the sumptuous texture and beauty of tapestries in detail, and show them in the settings in which they are used. A truly inspiring sourcebook of ideas, Tapestry even offers practical advice on where to see the most interesting collections, how to buy antique or modern tapestry and how to care for it.
- Author BiographyBarty Phillips is the author of many books on gardening and the home. She was the Home Editor and Design Correspondent for the Observer for many years and has also written for the Daily Telegraph, The Times and The New York Times, among others.
- Author(s)Barty Phillips
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2000
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations, 60 b&w illustrations, glossary, bibliography, index
- Weight1497 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.